Subscribe to NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ASK AND ANSWER

DAILY VARIETY

______________________________________________________________________br"

PUBLIC
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
JOBS AND CAREERS ___________________________________________________________________________
COMPUTER SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY
GENERAL COMPUTER QUESTIONS
INTERNET AND SITES

SPORTS
WORD PLAY

HOUSEHOLD HINTS AND TIPS
LAWN AND GARDEN

THEATER

HOBBIES AND CRAFTS
HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
PLACES AND THINGS OF INTEREST

___________________________________________________________________________ AUTHORS AND BOOKS
POETRY
WRITING IN GENERAL

Speaking of Warren Buffett ...

Go down

Speaking of Warren Buffett ...

Post by Ja'aj on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:10 pm

... and we were... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The man is a genius! in many areas and this ! is his area of expertise !
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warren Buffett, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes about
the debt ceiling: "I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC.
"You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all
sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election.

The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months &
8 days to be ratified !
Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971...before computers, e-mail,
cell phones, etc. Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land... all because of public pressure. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

***********************************************************************************
***********************************************************************************
_*Congressional Reform Act of 2011*_

No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no
pay when they are out of office.

Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately.
All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the
American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower
of CPI or 3%.

Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same
health care system as the American people.

Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12.
The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen.
Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor,
not a career.

The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s),
then go home and back to work.
**********************************************************************************
**********************************************************************************

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] YES ! };> [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

So....
Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of
twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message.
This is one idea that really should be passed around.! };>

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three
days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] THIS IS HOW WE FIX CONGRESS ! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Last edited by Ja'aj on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : >:()

====================================================
};>

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Re: Speaking of Warren Buffett ...

Post by Tater Salad on Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:13 am

Alas, although I'm inclined to believe that Warren Buffet may very well have said something similar to the first part, about ending the deficit, the second part about the "27th amendment has been around for quite a few years in one form or another, always attributed to a well known celebrity, and always worded along the same lines, with minor changes each time it appears.

However, I know for a fact that earlier this year, he DID say that we should raise taxes on the rich, and that he thinks they don't tax people like himself enough, and that it's not fair that his secretary pays a larger percentage of her net income in taxes than he does.

You learn something new every day!
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Hi, Tater!
YEAH! he did! Bless his heart ! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(Did you check Scopes? I LOVE! it so I never thought to do it.)

I know Mr. Buffett has said a similar thing on several occasions,
(I watch him whenever I can and whenever he's on - somewhere.)
but I don't recall his ever soliciting an email campaign, either... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

NEVERTHELESS... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I think this is a damned-fine idea. I think we should get
it going - some ! sort of grassroots movement is needed !
I don't think 'we' can depend on Congress to agree - or
DO anything about it.
Mr. Buffett has said that it is up to the American people
to fix! these guys.
The thing that 'peeves' Rolling Eyes me the most is that Congress
exempts! itself from having to obey the laws they pass! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

};>

Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Well, here's the thing. The Occupy Wall Street/Philly/Oakland/Chicago/DC/etc people have it right; we need to tax the rich. The rich don't want to pay their fair share. Most congressman and senators ARE rich, hence they don't want to increase their own tax liability.
THEY (the rich) say they already pay too much, but have you looked at the condition of the roads, schools, playgrounds, parks, and all the other public amenities in any of the rich areas, and compared it to the poor neighborhoods? I'm at a beautiful library in one of those well to do neighborhoods, and would you believe that unlike most of the libraries in Philly, there are NO bars on the windows or doors, there is plenty of light (natural light even!), way more than enough computers for public access, more books, CD's, DVD's (especially more current ones), desks and furniture that I'd love to be able to afford for my own home, and MUCH better hours.

So since both library systems are funded with tax money, maybe we have to ask ourself why this library is so much better. Are the PUBLIC tax dollars spent equitably, and if not, WHY not? Is it fair that people in poorer areas have to drive on roads that are so bad, that potholes may damage their BMW's, while the people here get to drive their Hundai's on roads practically paved with gold?

The rich that claim they are job creators should have to PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEIR MOUTHS ARE!!!!!

Creating jobs in call centers in NEW DEHLI doesn't count!

And guess what? That free market you keep hering about? It doesn't exist! In a true free market economy,
there would be no child labor laws, there would be no restrictions on immigration, truck drivers could drive 36 hours straight with no repurcussions (unless they ran over somebody's Lexus, of course), etc, etc, etc.
The real reason we are in this mess is because corporations have been allowed to run their companies into the ground, in order to maximize immediate shareholder profits, while ignoring reinvestment and infrastructure. THAT's why so many CEO's are earning ten's if not millions of dollars, while their average employee is lucky if he can make ends meet week to week. They are pillaging the company while Rome is burning. Well, you can only get away with that for so long before the commoners revolt. The protesters you see now are the very beginiings of that revolt. It's no coincidence that Citigroup and Bankamerica decided not to impose a $5 monthly fee on the use of the ubiquitous debit cards that they pushed on us for the last 3 decades, while emphasizing how convenient and FREE OF CHARGE they were. I am convinced that the only reason you haven't, as of yet, seen the American people join these protests by the millions is that they make so little compared to their living expenses, that they can't AFFORD to join the demonstrations. They are working till close at midnight at Walmart, and being forced to come in at 7 AM the next morning, because management constantly reminds these people on a daily basis just how lucky they are to have a job, and just how replacable they are if they don't cower to management's will on every issue, evn if it's illegal (for example, unpaid overtime).

The thing that pisses me off the most is how they talk about all the God forsaken regulations are preventing the rich from creating jobs. Bullshit! The relaxing of regulations assisted them in creating this mess in the first place! One comapny complained that as a small business, they can't afford to meet all the requirements for cleaning up lead paint in older buildings being renovated. I guess we should just allow all that lead to become airborn during demolition, so they can replace it with tainted wallboard from China. Asbestos? We don't need to worry about no asbestos? It's just so unfair to expect corporations to clean up their own mess after they contaminate entire communities, and poison entire generations. We really need to cut them a break. And that tap water that's flammable? Just bottle it and sell it as heating fuel, problem solved!

Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:37 am

Wow!! I missed a lot on this one!!

Here comes trouble! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Well...?

};>

Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:04 am

Well? Tater makes a lot of great points and I was surprised at how much he had to say.
The credit cards and spending money you don't have... well, gee! They WANT people in debt and many can't ever get OUT of debt! They tell you that your good credit of NOT owing a lot of money is actually BAD! They tell you that owning your car and other major items... free and clear... is not good!
And.. I wish the "little people" could have half as many breaks as big companies and corporations do! I am with Tater on so many things he pointed out.

Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:29 am

I have to say, looking back, that was probably one of my better, more coherent rants! And now you have an idea what the Occupy movement is really about. I just love it when I defend the OWS groups and somebody on YA says "Get a job, you lazy bum!", and I get to explain that I have a job and work 60 hours a week. And also that this job has no benifits or health care plan, and pays almost half as much as my last one, the one I had for ten years before the banks caused the crash.

Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:35 am

Yahoo... haven't used it in about five days and can't say I miss a lot of the crap like that. lol
I have noticed a trend with many jobs... many are hiring only part time help and offer no benefits.
Pretty sad when you work for a health care place and they won't offer any health care with the jobs.
And yes! Those long hour jobs with STILL no benefits or real incentives, except.. Hey! Be thankful you have a job!

Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:21 pm

Pssst -Tater ... The [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Shrub caused the crash - the [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] banks
were just the tool. (boy-howdy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])

This miserable "economy" - for lack of a better -(and printable) - word) is
-mostly- the cause of the 'no benes; no decent paycheck' situation ... I think.
The rest of 'em are just able to follow the 'trend' and sneak in their
mean-sprited attitude under the available 'cover'.
Have I mentioned [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] how much [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I loooved Dubya? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HIM 'we' should have tried - and convicted !

};>

Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:28 pm

Gee... I haven't any idea how long it's been since I was on Y!A;
loooong time, though.