Subscribe to NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ASK AND ANSWER

DAILY VARIETY

______________________________________________________________________br"

PUBLIC
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
JOBS AND CAREERS ___________________________________________________________________________
COMPUTER SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY
GENERAL COMPUTER QUESTIONS
INTERNET AND SITES

SPORTS
WORD PLAY

HOUSEHOLD HINTS AND TIPS
LAWN AND GARDEN

THEATER

HOBBIES AND CRAFTS
HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
PLACES AND THINGS OF INTEREST

___________________________________________________________________________ AUTHORS AND BOOKS
POETRY
WRITING IN GENERAL

How do you feel about people of different beliefs or non beliefs..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do you feel about people of different beliefs or non beliefs..

Post by Breezey Breezey on Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:30 am

Compared to your own? 
Do you feel everyone has a right to choose or feel some are nuts or delusional for what they believe? 
Is it okay to disagree with a person's belief?

====================================================
Here comes trouble! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you feel about people of different beliefs or non beliefs..

Post by lorry p on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Acceptance of Individuality.. I try my best to achieve this.
Some make it very hard... They are the people I have realised I do not need to welcome into my house, but try even harder to understand with my heart. Some I will never understand..
So does it all come down to "understanding"?
Yafooey group smiley
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey on Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:20 am

Maybe some understanding, but also a respect for each person and his/her beliefs. Not saying we always agree, but that's no reason to be rude or insulting about those who are not on the same wavelength.

Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by P on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:37 am

I wouldn't say it was a case of disagreeing with the beliefs, but accepting that there are differences, and being comfortable with those differences. Thats where the problem starts. There are some extreme beliefs that Im not comfortable with. Its got to be a two way street. I have friends whose beliefs I respect, and they respect that they aren't going to change me. They are accepting rather than being intrusive, and, in the main, thats why we are friends.

One(?) question I ask myself is "If I went to live in your country, would you be happy with me living my life entirely my way, particularly if it was at a cost to you? Would you expect me to respect your culture, or ignore it? Would you demand that I change my life to fit in with yours, and your way of doing things?

If I was in a Middle Eastern country I would expect to see a difference in dress. After all, clothes are supposed to be comfortable. On the rare hot day here I have been known to revert to Indian garb, its both cool and comfortable. When I visit Sikh friends I take my shoes off before I enter their house, Its my way of respecting their culture. What I find offensive is people insisting that they maintain ways which totally unsuitable for life here and using religion as an excuse. Its an open insult. I feel very uncomfortable standing next to someone who resembles a pillar box draped in black, particularly if I cant understand what they are saying. I feel uncomfortable when a young mum who is stopped in traffic is prosecuted for taking a drink of water, yet its ok for another young mum to drive around with her kids in the car while trying to squint through a narrow slot in unsuitable head gear and hope everyone else avoids her unpredictable driving. I feel uncomfortable when a British soldier is run over in a London street and beheaded, an extreme case I know, but what we face these days.

If folks wish to cover their heads thats fine, as long as their face is visible. I dont agree with sections of society being exempt from some laws which apply to everyone else. For example, crash helmets are a legal requirement on a motorcycle, unless precluded by the wearing of religious headgear (not that some Afro Carabians would be able to due to an excess of hair).

France seems to have grasped the nettle, although it did cause a lot of screams. The "security" situation is likely to result in significant changes. We'll see what people have to say about that.

biker smiley
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:49 am

I understand that completely and see what you're pointing out. 
Sometimes..habits are hard to break, even for those who come here to get away from some of it. 
And I know it's hard to throw a lot of different types of people (who all do things differently) together and not have problems. 
Sometimes, we need to compromise and make it "right" for all...and I don't believe that those who come from other places should be treated better, given more or allowed to do what anyone else cannot... talk about a way to cause more prejudice! (treating some differently, better.. will cause hate and prejudice quite easily). 

And yet, I hope, in our hearts, we can allow each person to have a belief.. or not.. and we can give each person respect without having to always agree with them... and we can do our own thing, without making others feel they are having things "shoved down their throats".

Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by P on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:17 am

welcome

It takes time, and thats what we havent been given by the politicians, we've been totally overwhelmed to the extent that second and third generation folks who mainly came from the British Commonwealth are crying "enough". The straw that broke the camels back was when the EC opened up UK to Polish immigrants. Employers think its great, so much cheap labour, but it put a lot of other people out of work, and made it very difficult for youngsters to get jobs.

thinking
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum