Subscribe to NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ASK AND ANSWER

DAILY VARIETY

______________________________________________________________________br"

PUBLIC
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
JOBS AND CAREERS ___________________________________________________________________________
COMPUTER SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY
GENERAL COMPUTER QUESTIONS
INTERNET AND SITES

SPORTS
WORD PLAY

HOUSEHOLD HINTS AND TIPS
LAWN AND GARDEN

THEATER

HOBBIES AND CRAFTS
HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
PLACES AND THINGS OF INTEREST

___________________________________________________________________________ AUTHORS AND BOOKS
POETRY
WRITING IN GENERAL

Passwords

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Passwords

Post by lorry p on Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:30 pm

Are passwords something that eludes you.. hides from you.. something you just can't remember of always seem to lose? Or is it just ME? lol (-:
Finally.. with the help of a good friend.. I have found my way back.. Hi everyone (-:

Thanks..... again!!!!! ((((((((((Breezey))))))))) (-:
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Re: Passwords

Post by Breezey Breezey on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:56 am

Passwords, card numbers, etc... I find it all a bit much. Each thing you want to use...
on internet or in your own city... you need a code or word!
Every type of machine needs more than just an account name or number and that is
to protect people... but it seems to me we are not progressing in a way that is good
because it's all becoming too complicated.

====================================================
Here comes trouble! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:05 pm

That's why I keep losing my password.. Much too complicated for my simple life. I deplore paperwork at the best of times.. I Love writing.. but officeee stuff, leaves me cold.. LMBO. (-:
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:08 am

I am convinced there is a better way; I just don't know what it is yet.

You learn something new every day!
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p on Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:24 pm

I think when I am not living out of cardboard boxes.. I MIGHT be a bit more organised.. Then again... I may not. My head is too much in the garden.. Off with the fairies garden
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by P on Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:43 pm

No! Its just you. More organised? ??? I might not admit it readily but when pressed I must admit that changing passwords for "security" reasons is something I avoid. The only reason I still have my YA account is because I never log off. I recently saw an answer from someone in the same position on the BT server who had to start all over when he was swapped.

(((
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p on Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:15 am

I must be a little bit organised... lol.. I have Christmas ALMOST under control.. I think!!! (-:
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by P on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:45 am

Famous last words ........

happy dance

happy

hungry smiley
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:20 pm

Don't do that to me P.. I've been checking my list... checking it twice.. so be nice.. lol

garden
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by P on Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:11 am

I've told Father Christmas how good you've been, so you'll be ok for presies this year! He said something about wanting some forms from you, that list you mentioned?

How does he manage over there without snow? I have my two "little" girls who still demand that he fills their stockings on Christmas Eve. I'm glad to say they are all coming to stay over Christmas. We'll have a housefull, won't that be lovely!

What's everyone hoping for this year?
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:34 pm

Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:09 pm

That is beautiful Breezey.. (((Hugs)))

Thanks (((P))) for putting in a good word for me with Santa.. I have tried to be a good girl. All forms are through.. Best chrissy present ever.. lol.. An exciting new year awaits us.
A whole new adventure.
Snow.. Santa can at least get down the chimney without first having to shovel snow out of it.. but he gets awful HOT in his big red costume and Long white beard. He probably wishes Christmas was in November when heaps of guys shave their beards for MOvember. (Movember - in aid of raising money for cancer treatment) Do you do that there?

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you ((((((ALL)))))) (-:

lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by P on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:26 am

I havent shaved in years! I have to wind it up so I dont fall over it! Am I sitting on a gold mine here? Havent heard of Movember although there are large national charity events. We do have loads of beggers on the streets, I just got cleaned out of all my small change by a young lady who favoured the direct approach! You just dont know what to do on an individual basis, it could be more harm than good. We normally only give through our local homeless charity, they know who is genuinely in need. C does a lot of knitting for the event stalls, and that makes a small fortune. Think I may hang onto my beard, just for a little while longer!

group hug
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Are you the real Santa P... with that long white beard? Or Dumbledore? lol.. Or just kind "old" P. (-:
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by P on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:32 am

Mainly Dumbledore I suppose, but without the magic wand to wave to make everything all right again. I do seem to live in Dumbledore's world with my unicorns, fairies, and Koos. Too many of the Dark Lords forces in the real world for my liking!

If anyone reading this ever gets the chance I can highly recommend the studio tour at Warner Brothers, Watford, just outside London. Its a magical days entertainment (if a little pricey) to see behind the scenes into the making of the Harry Potter films. They do have a web site which gives a flavour, and they give a good follow up after any visits.

And now for my disappearing trick .....
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:18 am

A much better place to live.. along side the fairies in the garden.. A nicer atmosphere for sure..

Can you pull a rabbit out of your hat (((P))) ?
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by P on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:21 am

No, but I can make a fish disappear!

hungry smiley
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:23 pm

You ate my fish???? That's why I still haven't seen them!!!!!!!!!!! P... How could you!!! Sad
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by P on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:24 am

fire marshmallow

Yummmm!

I've been "making enquiries" of all your local suspects to find out who had those fish. I've been very thorough in my interrogations !

Last edited by P on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:09 pm

Did you grill them or batter them? lol it was him
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p on Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:01 am

Don't know why it keeps happening.. but I keep getting locked out.. You'll be happy to know Breezey I was actually able to find our last conversation where you gave me the password... again... and I didn't need to bother you this time..
It could just happen again though. lol (-:
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey on Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:27 pm

well... seems to me you are managing to find your way back in a little longer this time. lol

Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p on Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:46 pm

It's handy when you don't lose the scrap of paper you wrote your password on... Yet... lol.. I have one very large container that I keep all my important paperwork in.. only trouble is that someone else goes through it from time to time....
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by P on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:22 am

I struggle at the best of times when trying to use technology (you may have noticed!) but having mastered Windows XP (at least to a somewhat minor degree) Microsoft, in their wisdom, have decided it's beyond hope, and have ceased to support it. No problem, I thought, in my ignorance of these matters, I'll just go and buy another operating system! My daughter (who knows nearly as much about these things as one of these highly competant techno two year olds) informed me that my aging 50s Dell isn't up to a "modern" operating system? I might as well use it as hardcore if I decide to extend my drive, or as a "novel" paperweight for one of these piles of paper I havent got around to filing yet. OK, I gave in and started looking for a replacement. "How about this one?" I e'd. "Never heard of it!" came back the reply. "Its got a USB 7 and everything! Powered by dark matter! 50" high density display! 4 neuclear batteries, and claims to be German! (Ic bein ein doughnut!)". I got it yesterday (click and collect, but thats a whole other story)! The quality of the packaging it came in was typically German, it took hours to break in. It led me through the "set up proceedure" (which may as well been in German) during which I somehow disabled the network card. I had to restart my router, but at least the domestic power didn't seem to be affected. At last it stopped asking stupid questions and my "simple two minute proceedure" which took all day was complete. It went back to the home screen, first thing it wanted to know was "PASSWORD?". Very good, which one? You've spent all day getting filled up with a dictionaries worth of passwords for every conceivable account known to man, care to elaborate?  I would have reached for the manual but it doesn't come with a "hard copy" these days, its locked up inside somewhere, hiding amongst the 90 Tb's of data that make 5 indicators work, thats if I could even get in! One of those lights is on now, I wonder what it means? At least I've discovered one thing, I HATE WINDOWS 8!

computer
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:04 am

Whatever you do P.. do not ask me to help you remember your password. You would be advised to ask Breezey on that score... lol (-:
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by P on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:13 am

Its caught in the cache, somewhere inside with Hagrid Intel and Dobby Sound (magic !).

music
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:31 am

P wrote:I struggle at the best of times when trying to use technology (you may have noticed!) but having mastered Windows XP (at least to a somewhat minor degree) Microsoft, in their wisdom, have decided it's beyond hope, and have ceased to support it. No problem, I thought, in my ignorance of these matters, I'll just go and buy another operating system! My daughter (who knows nearly as much about these things as one of these highly competant techno two year olds) informed me that my aging 50s Dell isn't up to a "modern" operating system? I might as well use it as hardcore if I decide to extend my drive, or as a "novel" paperweight for one of these piles of paper I havent got around to filing yet. OK, I gave in and started looking for a replacement. "How about this one?" I e'd. "Never heard of it!" came back the reply. "Its got a USB 7 and everything! Powered by dark matter! 50" high density display! 4 neuclear batteries, and claims to be German! (Ic bein ein doughnut!)". I got it yesterday (click and collect, but thats a whole other story)! The quality of the packaging it came in was typically German, it took hours to break in. It led me through the "set up proceedure" (which may as well been in German) during which I somehow disabled the network card. I had to restart my router, but at least the domestic power didn't seem to be affected. At last it stopped asking stupid questions and my "simple two minute proceedure" which took all day was complete. It went back to the home screen, first thing it wanted to know was "PASSWORD?". Very good, which one? You've spent all day getting filled up with a dictionaries worth of passwords for every conceivable account known to man, care to elaborate?  I would have reached for the manual but it doesn't come with a "hard copy" these days, its locked up inside somewhere, hiding amongst the 90 Tb's of data that make 5 indicators work, thats if I could even get in! One of those lights is on now, I wonder what it means? At least I've discovered one thing, I HATE WINDOWS 8!

computer
you poor man.... you actually bought a new computer. lol
I just redid mine instead. I was not about to waste a perfectly good computer just because it has XP! And yes.... somewhere in the computer section is a sad situation about Windows... 7? I believe... if not here, I'll bring it from the old Yafooey site.

Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:56 pm

Windows 8.....
turns out my memory stinks. It was IE 8 that others were complaining about.

Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Passwords

Post by lorry p on Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:50 am

Once again... I was locked out.. WHAT am I doing wrong? And once again I had to search our emails Breezey, to find the wretched thing.. I was going to write the password down somewhere last time... but do you think I did!!! And will I this time?.. probably not.
I did have a good laugh at our to and fro emails trying to "figure" out my user name and password... Very funny.
Anyways... hope you are all well Yafooey group smiley
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by P on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:04 am

laughing ass off
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:17 am

Be nice P.. or i'll have to send you some blue Koala Poo... Perhaps from my loo.. just for YOU.
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:35 am

Okay Lorry, you are not locked out... you are signed out. lol Most sites have a time set of when a person is signed out... even me. lol
So... learn your password!! 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by P on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:47 am

Found any Blue Koalas yet???

confused
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p on Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:59 pm

Signed out.. locked out.. just not able to get in.. lol..
It all means I just have to try to remember to be more organised. At nearly 52.. is it too late for me to learn new tricks, like organisational skills? Do I secretly just not want to? Am I just too busy? Am I just a closet messy person? Or am I writing passwords on too small a pieces of papers that are like socks in a washing washine.. I put them in the machine and they go missing? I put the pieces of paper in a box and can never find them again.. Like the Bermuda triangle!!!!!!!!
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:01 pm

Blue koalas.. And even green and pink ones!!! lol
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by P on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:49 am

don\'t know

Thank you, you've solved a mystery for me! I've just realised what all these huge carved Pictish stones are. It's their passwords, so that they knew where they were.

You dont have any 50ton boulders bolders handy with a hammer and chisel do you?

Rolling Eyes
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:56 am

That makes perfect sense.. If I had lived in that day and age, I would have done that too.. at least I wouldn't have lost them.
I have misplaced the chisel sorry.. Probably left it in the garden.. using it cause I couldn't remember where the spade was.. garden
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum