Subscribe to NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ASK AND ANSWER

DAILY VARIETY

______________________________________________________________________br"

PUBLIC
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
JOBS AND CAREERS ___________________________________________________________________________
COMPUTER SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY
GENERAL COMPUTER QUESTIONS
INTERNET AND SITES

SPORTS
WORD PLAY

HOUSEHOLD HINTS AND TIPS
LAWN AND GARDEN

THEATER

HOBBIES AND CRAFTS
HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
PLACES AND THINGS OF INTEREST

___________________________________________________________________________ AUTHORS AND BOOKS
POETRY
WRITING IN GENERAL

A new chapter, or a new book?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A new chapter, or a new book?

I'm always open for new ideas, and new things to discuss. "They" say there's nothing new under the sun, I disagree. If I'm wrong there's no future for Philosophy, and I don't believe that for a second. There's always got to be a challenge in life, it's what keeps atrophy away from intellect, and maturity away from us kids!

thinking
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

A new chapter, or a new book? :: Comments

Post on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:04 am by Breezey Breezey

People seem to think each day is a page of a chapter in the book of life. smile2 
As for philosophy... funny how some philosophers were very disliked and yet... they still made ranks. lol

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:09 am by P

Hmm! What would your definition of a philosopher be in our modern world? It's certainly a much broader forum these days than it was a few thousand years ago, and our communications are much better.

Would you need a degree to qualify? That would disbar all of the classical founders of philosophy. Still, really I don't think they would bother too much about such niceties. I dare say that they would all be on those well worn sites trying to get a word out of those brilliant intelects who tend to restrict themselves to their opinion about which more appropriate section a question should be in, or use of grammar, or how exactly a word should be spelled. I think they would be much more interested in the ideas and concepts involved, and what direction their thoughts were leading them in.

I wonder what tags they would adopt? There are some wonderful characters to choose from as we can see (as well as those who try to confuse by using obscure foreign languages!), what might they come up with?

thinking

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:54 am by Breezey Breezey

There's nothing new under the sun...I kind of agree with that. There's new (to me) ideas but they have already been ideas to others. Or..some old things are expanded, improved, altered...yet the original is still under it all.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:33 pm by lorry p

There are always new feelings to ponder.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum